[arch-general] systemctl --user problems

edsonduarte1990 at riseup.net edsonduarte1990 at riseup.net
Fri Jan 29 18:59:22 UTC 2016

hi!

this last week systemctl --user stopped working saying:
> Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

first thing I tried was downgrading systemd but it didn't work.

so after reading several pages, I still haven't figured out what's
happening but it helped me find several other weird things that I
don't know if are related...

1. user at 1000.service fails with timeout, is there a way to find what's
making the service hang?

2. after restarting user@, polkitd.service says:
> Started Authorization Manager.
> Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:2622:23390 (system bus
> name :1.20 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 4 --fallback], object path
> /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale en_US.UTF-8)
> Unregistered Authentication Agent for unix-process:2622:23390 (system
> bus name :1.20, object path
> /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale en_US.UTF-8)
> (disconnected from bus)

without registering again which I am not sure if is the correct
behaviour but can be due to manually starting user at ...

3. and also I've found that XDG_RUNTIME_DIR and XDG_SESSION_ID are not
set (neither before or after restarting user@) as should be the case
from [1] and [2].

thanks for the help.

[1]