[arch-general] Chromium Favorites Bar Partially Inoperative

Dutch Ingraham stoa at gmx.us
Sun Jan 31 22:00:34 UTC 2016

Hello all:

I just installed Chromium, v. 48.0.2564.97, two days ago.  I imported
my bookmarks from Firefox and enabled the bookmarks bar.  I added a few
new bookmarks to the bar, but not in my existing folders.

Today, I tried to drag-and-drop the bookmarks into the folders on my
bookmarks bar, but nothing happened - the bookmarks just remained on
the bar.  In addition, it seems impossible to move anything on the bar,
i.e., adjusting the order of folders or bookmarks.  Everything just stays
where it was originally placed.

For those who don't use Chromium, this is not normal behavior - one should
be able to drag-and-drop into folders, subfolders, and slide things
around at will.

In fact, even in the bookmark manager it is not possible to drag-and-drop;
the only way I've found to move a bookmark into a folder is to copy and
paste it there, then delete the original.

I've tried disabling my two extensions without luck, and I see no
recent activity on the boards or on Chromium's bug tracker.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions?