[arch-general] Chromium Favorites Bar Partially Inoperative

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:08:16 UTC 2016

> I just installed Chromium, v. 48.0.2564.97, two days ago.  I imported
> my bookmarks from Firefox and enabled the bookmarks bar.  I added a few
> new bookmarks to the bar, but not in my existing folders.
>
> Today, I tried to drag-and-drop the bookmarks into the folders on my
> bookmarks bar, but nothing happened - the bookmarks just remained on
> the bar.  In addition, it seems impossible to move anything on the bar,
> i.e., adjusting the order of folders or bookmarks.  Everything just stays
> where it was originally placed.
>
> For those who don't use Chromium, this is not normal behavior - one should
> be able to drag-and-drop into folders, subfolders, and slide things
> around at will.
>
> In fact, even in the bookmark manager it is not possible to drag-and-drop;
> the only way I've found to move a bookmark into a folder is to copy and
> paste it there, then delete the original.
>
> I've tried disabling my two extensions without luck, and I see no
> recent activity on the boards or on Chromium's bug tracker.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions?

huh.
possibly unreleated but I just experienced that drag&drop from dolphin
to a html5 drop-zone doesn't work either.
it even doesn't work from a directory view in chromium itself to a
html5 page in chromium.

OTOH,
firefox directory view -> chromium page
and
chromium directory view -> firefox page
both work fine.

some people on the forums noticed something similar too

damjan