[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] signoffs are dead

Lukas Rose lists at lrose.de
Tue Jul 26 11:09:02 UTC 2016

I've noticed more issues than usual in the last few weeks as well. Including one big issue that prevented my whole system from booting (just a black screen with flashing cursor, not even a command prompt let alone my lightdm login screen). I didn't file bug reports for those, since I am very busy with studying, so in case such a bug happens I just restore my binaries from a backup and use that until the issue is resolved by updates. That's faster than searching for and reproducing the issue to file a bug report. I guess some of those issues might have been prevented by sign offs. Quality assurance is a big deal in modern computer systems because of their complexity. That applies even for non-profit organisations like the Arch Linux community is.