[arch-general] ML is being sent to Spam by Gmail

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Wed Jun 8 19:59:47 UTC 2016

On 08.06.2016 17:18, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
> In one, I see:
> Authentication-Results: luna.archlinux.org;
>         dkim=fail reason="signature verification failed" (2048-bit key)
> header.d=dray-be.20150623.gappssmtp.com
> header.i=@dray-be.20150623.gappssmtp.com header.b=lZvs/tYM

That's weird, but it's difficult to tell what part of the mail changed.
I'm also not sure when that header is being generated. Opendkim doesn't
seem to verify mails consistently for me and so far I haven't managed to
figure out why because debugging features also don't seem to work properly.

> In another, I see the line:
> Authentication-Results: luna.archlinux.org; dkim=none

Well, that's entirely fine. Not everyone supports DKIM.

> I noticed that. It is slightly frustrating since most things seem to
> come from the mailing list rather than the original sender...

That is unfortunate indeed, but there is really no good solutions to
this apart from not changing the mail in any way which is also not a
good solution for us given people rely on the way our lists behave
(subject prefix, reply-to).

Mailman has an option to wrap messages into a new message which might
fix this problem, but I'd first have to investigate client support and
test that feature.

As I posted in another part of this thread, I've switched gmail.com
delivery to IPv4. Let's see if that changes anything.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/attachments/20160608/9a221b2f/attachment.asc>

More information about the arch-general mailing list