[arch-general] AUR Packages no longer visible from Archlinux

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:23:57 UTC 2016

On 02/29/2016 09:17 PM, Marshall Neill wrote:
> No I am not, but, yaourt crashes with package-query issue.
> Now, am I wrong for asking.
> After all yaourt is used by most everyone and it would seem to me that a
> simple yaourt -S alsi, a simple program with no real dependencies, would
> install and not crash.
>
> package-query seems to be  the issue here, right?   Or am  I off base?

In that case you are *certainly* wrong. And I should have gone with my
original response, which was "You clearly have absolutely no idea in the
slightest what you are talking about".

Because AUR packages don't have a "testing".

Also, yaourt and package-query both worked fine, until an update to
aurweb "broke" package-query.
So how can you possibly think any sort of testing would have averted that?

(Let us not get into your claim about most everyone using yaourt.)

--
Eli Schwartz