[arch-general] AUR Packages no longer visible from Archlinux

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:35:13 UTC 2016

On 02/29/2016 09:25 PM, Marshall Neill wrote:
> OK, fill me in.   What are they using then.   I see a lot of posts about
> yaourt not working, so I guess I assumed wrongly.

Some people don't use the AUR at all.

Those who do have a number of AUR helpers to consider, assuming they
don't simply use makepkg directly.

You can see a big list of them here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

"most everyone" would imply a(n overwhelming) majority of people, as
opposed to simply being one of if not the most popular choices -- which
leaves open the very realistic possibility that a majority of people are
actually split among the other options.

As a matter of fact I am a happy yaourt(-git) user. But I would never
post about yaourt not working... because those are mainly people who
DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

--
Eli Schwartz