[arch-general] AUR Packages no longer visible from Archlinux

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Mar 1 07:58:39 UTC 2016

Check "Notify of new comments" at
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/yaourt/ , so next time you don't
need to ask a stupid question about an official unsupported tool
anymore, at an AUR unrelated mailing list, since the yaourt comments
nowadays are misused as a forum, it's impossible to miss even the
slightest issue and workarounds [1]. However, again yaourt isn't
out-of-date and there's no need to rebuild it. As Eli already pointed
out, you need to rebuild package-query{,-git} [2], to do this download
the tarball and use makepkg.

[1]
zanny commented on 2016-02-29 21:02

  New package-query fixes everything, crisis averted. Thank you to all
  the hardworking volunteers for pushing a release so quickly!

Skunnyk commented on 2016-02-29 20:45

  Please update to package-query 1.8 (just released:
  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/package-query). It should fix all
  rpc v5 problems. A new yaourt version will follow in a few days.

Ralf_Mardorf commented on 2016-02-29 13:08

  If something like this happens, I build temporarily from git, but keep
  the package name without the "-git" extension, instead I add an "r" to
  the output of git describe.

  [rocketmouse at archlinux package-query]$ pacman -Q package-query
  package-query 1.7.r172.g4d856ec-1

  An official release update of package-query should replace the
  temporarily build package. Skunnyk commented on 2016-02-29 12:08

  Yes, the "old" aur rpc api is broken since this morning (new api
  included in aurweb 4.2.0, see
  https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2016-February/003993.html
  ) Fortunately, package-query-git already support the new api v5. We
  need to make an official release of yaourt / package-query to fix
  theses problems.

viq commented on 2016-02-29 09:35

  gourdacaptain: pacaur seems to manage fine right now

gourdcaptain commented on 2016-02-29 07:06

  Similar issue. Does anyone know if this is also applying for other AUR
  helpers?

  EDIT: Installing package-query-git fixed the issue for now.

josephgbr commented on 2016-02-29 06:13

  Me too. It looks like package-query is unable to get package list for
  some reason. Baemir commented on 2016-02-29 05:37

  yay complete breakage

zanny commented on 2016-02-29 05:28

  Yea I'm not seeing any AUR packages. Fairly sudden, I'm wondering if
  something on the AUR server is down that yaourt uses.

diogobaeder commented on 2016-02-29 05:07

  Am I the only one getting "target not found" for any AUR package, with
  yaourt?

[2]
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ date;yaourt -Syua
Tue Mar  1 08:55:57 CET 2016
[snip]
aur/package-query          1.7.r172.g4d856ec-1 -> 1.8-1
[snip]