[aur-dev] aurweb 4.2.0 released

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 15 07:58:35 UTC 2016

Dear aurweb contributors and users,

We are pleased to announce aurweb 4.2.0. The official aurweb setup [1]
has already been upgraded.

Even though this is only a minor release, the list of new features is
longer than usual, which is mostly because we started working on various
different requests that have been lying around for a long time. I
divided the changes into four categories:

* Package Handling: Providers from the official repositories are now
  recognized and broken dependencies are highlighted in the web
  interface (note that this particular feature already went live [1] a
  while ago, even though it was not part of any official release yet).
  As an alternative to using the web interface, it is possible to change
  package base keywords via SSH (check `ssh aur at aur.archlinux.org help`
  for details) and we switched to python-srcinfo for parsing package
  metadata (thanks to Johannes Löthberg for starting this project and
  for providing aurweb patches).

* Notifications: Users are now notified when they are added to (resp.
  removed from) the co-maintainer list of a repository. You can
  optionally subscribe to package update notifications from the new
  notification settings area on the account edit page.

* Comments: Package base comments can be pinned (thanks to Mark Weiman
  for implementing this) and Trusted Users as well as developers can
  undelete comments that were removed earlier (thanks to Marcel Korpel).

* RPC: There was a complete overhaul of the RPC interface (now at v5).
  The documentation can be found at [2].

For a comprehensive list of changes, please consult the Git log [3]. As
usual, bugs should be reported to the aurweb bug tracker [4].

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/
[3] https://projects.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/log/?id=v4.2.0
[4] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?project=2