[arch-general] Why does virtualbox-host-dkms have a hard dependency on linux-headers?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Mar 13 18:32:08 UTC 2016

PS:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 11:01:30 -0700, Kyle Terrien wrote:
>Why

I guess the maintainer tries to make it as comfortable for us as
possible.

Now all old modules are removed and the modules for all installed
kernels are build automatically. This is new, it didn't happen before.

Fortunately I'm using linux, linux-rt and linux-rt-lts.

The maintainer likely wants to ensure that a default Arch install with
the linux package works OOTB.

It's bad for you, since you're using the linux-lts package and not the
linux package.

However, a few days ago somebody sent this request:

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2016-March/040862.html