[arch-general] Mysterious userapp .desktop files

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Mar 17 11:13:47 UTC 2016

Indeed it's bizarre. I'm not using a DE, but just openbox with fbpanel
and lxpanel, while the "systemmenu" is from fbpanel only. I also don't
edit the menu using a menu editor. I don't have such entries for e.g.
Firefox, IceCat, Qupzilla and other browsers, but Chrome is spamming the
directory.

I'm to lazy to read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xdg-menu, but
perhaps it's related and could enlighten you.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Q archlinux-xdg-menu
archlinux-xdg-menu 0.7.6.2-2
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pactree -r archlinux-xdg-menu
archlinux-xdg-menu

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ ls ~/.local/share/applications/chrome-*|cut -d"/" -f7chrome-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-Default.desktop
chrome-apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf-Default.desktop
chrome-blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo-Default.desktop
chrome-coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf-Default.desktop
chrome-nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda-Default.desktop
chrome-pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia-Default.desktop

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ ls -Ggh ~/.local/share/applications/userapp-*|cut -d"/" -f7
userapp-Evolution-GJ53SW.desktop
userapp-Mail Recipient-YZFFZX.desktop
userapp-Pale Moon-3J36ZX.desktop
userapp-sqlite3-S4RCBX.desktop
userapp-sqlitebrowser-MGEHBX.desktop

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat ~/.local/share/applications/chrome-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-Default.desktop
#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Name=Google Docs
Exec=/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --profile-directory=Default --app-id=aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake
Icon=chrome-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-Default
NoDisplay=true
StartupWMClass=crx_aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat .config/fbpanel/default
[snip]
Plugin {
  type = menu
  config {
    IconSize = 22
    image = /home/rocketmouse/.customization/dark_cartoon_asterisk.png
    menu {
	  name = Applications                  Alt+F3
	  icon = applications-other
      item {
	    name = Applications
	    icon = applications-other