[arch-general] What is the current wiki-poliicy for re-writing contributions?

Jayesh Badwaik archlinux at jayeshbadwaik.in
Tue Mar 22 08:26:15 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 09:00:28 IST Jan Alexander Steffens wrote:
> I hardly look at the wiki anymore, but I remember getting the same
> impression—most recently I had to hunt through multiple pages about
> encryption to get even a basic setup going.
>
> This is a problem.

Initially, when the wiki was small, a page would have a small section, with
instructions to get a basic system running. Now, probably as the wiki has
grown more comprehensive, it is becoming more and more reference-based
and the tutorial like properties are disappearing.

May be it would nice if people would start writing tutorial like articles
for simple enough uses. For example see [1].

--
Cheers
Jayesh Badwaik

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Simple_stateful_firewall