[arch-general] netcdf problem after arch update

Bruno Pagani bruno.pagani at ens-lyon.org
Wed May 11 18:33:43 UTC 2016

Le 11 mai 2016 20:16:54 GMT+02:00, Fulcrum <fulcrummike at hotmail.com> a écrit :
>Thanks for the reply.
>
>Is is possible to revert back to the previous version of netcdf? Since
>one of the tools (pyscan) is a portable script, I don't know how can I
>'rebuild' it to work with the newer version of netcdf.
>
>Also, I would prefer it very much to avoid rebuilding the other tool
>(gasflow) because it takes a long time, and various other difficulties
>(It has many other dependencies which may cause other problems). It was
>
>a headache to install it in the first place.

That’s not supported (means you wont get help for related issues) nor recommended, but if you have exactly 0 other packages on your system depending on netcdf, you can use the ArchLinuxArchive to downgrade.

But since the very popular ffmpeg package does depend on it for instance, I highly doubt you won’t have any such package. Donwgrading netcdf would break those.

Or, you might also downgrade the other packages, or rebuild them yourself against the older netcdf. Anyway, that will soon be quite a maintenance burden. That’s partly why it’s not recommended. ;)

Bruno