[arch-general] Problem with pacman hooks, alphabetic order.

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sat May 14 12:50:44 UTC 2016

On 14-05-16 01:15, Carsten Feuls wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have some trouble with pacman hooks.
> Arch is going to use pacman hooks in every package.
> etckeeper was one of the first package that use pacman hooks, without any
> trouble.
> But now it becomes more tricky to run.
> My Problem is that the pacman hooks run in alphabetic order.
> And not in a Prirority order.
>
> How this problem could be solved?
> Yes I know I can number every hook but I prefer a more upstream solution..
>

> Sincerly Yours
> Carsten Feuls

I do think there may be better way to solve this then adding a priority
system for hooks.

this is current trigger used by etckeeper hooks :
[Trigger]
Operation = Install
Operation = Upgrade
Operation = Remove
Type = Package
Target = *

I think the purpose of etckeeper is to keep track of changes in the /etc
folder, right?

How about using this as trigger :

[Trigger]
Operation = Install