[arch-general] Kernel version in hooks

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:47:29 UTC 2016

On 17 May 2016 at 14:50, Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I somehow get the kernel version from a hook invoked on the kernel
> package update?

so I ended up with this (for now):
https://gist.github.com/gdamjan/dd94057318f9c68327066068cacf99bc

The reason was, I needed to run mkinitcpio by hand for linux-armv7
since the package itself doesn't do it
(they expect that the kernel has everything to boot, which is not true
since I boot my BeagleBoard over NFS).

the second problem is that the `mkinitcpio -p preset` didn't work
either since the kver function in mkinitcpio can't find the version
out of the zImage file.

this current setup doesn't support more kernels though - I'd have to
find the KERNEL_NAME for that.

ps.
not specifing "NeedsTargets" in the hook makes the "read TARGET"
block. I guess stdin should be /dev/null in that case.

--
damjan