[arch-general] Single Drive Fresh Install (mbr/grub2) Fails to boot (can boot existing from .iso??)

Uwe Hametner uwe at kreisquadrat.xyz
Thu Nov 3 20:44:44 UTC 2016

If you ever get your historic EFI to work while „that it's buggy as
hell“ {Patrick Burroughs (Celti), 29 Oct 2016} -- then where is the
point for doing a magic jump over to bios_grub if ever feasible in a
reasonable manner?

Though I lack some knowledge, where the wiki tells: at last 260 MiB are
required (ESP) on 4-KB-per-sector drives. W10 (sorry for adding this)
just takes 100 MiB on eMMC Flash Memory Drives, which also is the size
I chose for my latest linux install on a SSD.

General remark: Comments w/o errors are invalid.