[arch-general] Single Drive Fresh Install (mbr/grub2) Fails to boot (can boot existing from .iso??)

Simon Brulhart simon at brulhart.me
Sat Nov 5 09:38:03 UTC 2016

I may be missing something, but is there a chance that the bios just
doesn't wait long enough for the disk to turn on?
On some laptops this sometimes happen to me when trying to boot an USB
harddisk. The disk isn't detected at all by the bios, but generally
rebooting with the disk already turned on fixes the issue.
I've also seen an option on some BIOSes to wait for a few additional
seconds at boot before enumerating drives, indicating that this may be a
common issue.

Simon