[arch-general] Almost system crash, users getting logged out

J. C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Nov 5 12:33:01 UTC 2016

Nov 5 2016, Ralf Mardorf has written:
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ df -h|head -1;df -h|grep tmpfs
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> tmpfs           1.9G  4.0K  1.9G   1% /dev/shm
> tmpfs           1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
> tmpfs           1.9G  8.0K  1.9G   1% /tmp
> tmpfs           371M   32K  371M   1% /run/user/1000
This looks similar with two extra messages:
df: /run/user/1000/gvfs: Transport endpoint is not connected
printed once above the table heading and once below it.
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ hwinfo --memory | grep Size
>  Memory Size: 3 GB + 512 MB
3 GB + 256 MB
Probably the graphic memory is much to large. Perchance any idea on how
to change it? :) I've got an nvidia card, using the Nouveau driver.

> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uname -m
> x86_64
i686 on mine, which is to be expected. :)
> Btw. it's possible to directly use systemd to mount, without keeping an
> fstab.
Is it recommended?

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3