[arch-general] Almost system crash, users getting logged out

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Nov 5 13:08:19 UTC 2016

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 13:33:01 +0100 (CET), J. C. wrote:
>df: /run/user/1000/gvfs: Transport endpoint is not connected
>printed once above the table heading and once below it.

I don't google for you :D. This seems to be worth to google.

>Probably the graphic memory is much to large. Perchance any idea on how
>to change it? :) I've got an nvidia card, using the Nouveau driver.

The BIOS settings provide the option for graphics that don't have
their own memory. It might be tricky for you, if Braille shouldn't work
in the BIOS settings dialogue.

>> Btw. it's possible to directly use systemd to mount, without keeping
>> an fstab.
>Is it recommended?

I only read the first 5 posts:

This thread is from 2012, so sane people should stay with fstab.

I only read freedesktop pages, if it's unavoidable, so I didn't read
those pages:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.mount.html
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-fstab-generator.html

Regards,