[arch-general] kernel linux-4.8.6-1-x86_64 not able to load modules

Anast Gramm anastasis.gramm2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:50:30 UTC 2016

Hey list,

After, as suggested in arch-annoucne, I force-upgrated ttf-dejavu
I made a full system upgrade with pacman -Syu.

This installed the latest linux kernel. (the one in the subject line)

The initram was completed successfully and I procceded to reboot.
Then Xserver would complain about my intel module (i915)

After a while I figured that nothin was loaded. I had no internet
connection (ip link would only show loopback), when I plugged a USB drive
the kernel woudln't detect it, and so on...

I downgraded to linux-4.8.4 using arch live with arch-chroot.
Everything works but when I upgrade to the latest kernel the same thing
happens.

Since I am prety new to the linux power user world, I have no idea
what to do next. Should I file a bug? Ad if yes how do I do that?

Also about the kernel upgrade, should I just skip 4.8.6 and get the
next one?

Since I didn't see anything in the list about linux-4.8.6 I guess it
must have something to do with my setup.

Any suggestions will be really helpful!