[arch-general] readline 7.0 rebuild for self-maintained packages

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 00:45:23 UTC 2016

On 11/07/2016 06:59 PM, Bastian Beischer wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I will need to rebuild some of my packages which I maintain myself for
> readline 7.0.
>
> Is there a reliable way to find out which packages need a rebuild? How was
> the rebuild list for the official repos made?
>
> Thanks
> Bastian

Well, any packages which depend on readline can be assumed to require a
rebuild...

Or you could check for files which link to libhistory.so.6 or
libreadline.so.6

There is even a shell snippet which can be repurposed to do that for
you, on the Arch website in the news feed (it was used during the C++
ABI change)

readline now provides libreadline.so and packages can depend on that to
trigger dependency errors (which are one good way of warning you a
rebuild is necessary...)

--
Eli Schwartz