[arch-general] readline 7.0 rebuild for self-maintained packages

Bastian Beischer bastian.beischer at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 8 07:52:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:45 AM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 11/07/2016 06:59 PM, Bastian Beischer wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I will need to rebuild some of my packages which I maintain myself for
> > readline 7.0.
> >
> > Is there a reliable way to find out which packages need a rebuild? How
> was
> > the rebuild list for the official repos made?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bastian
>
> Well, any packages which depend on readline can be assumed to require a
> rebuild...
>
> Or you could check for files which link to libhistory.so.6 or
> libreadline.so.6
>
> There is even a shell snippet which can be repurposed to do that for
> you, on the Arch website in the news feed (it was used during the C++
> ABI change)

​
Thanks,
​ ​
I've used this
​ now​
:

#!/bin/bash

while read pkg; do
   mapfile -t files < <(pacman -Qlq $pkg | grep -v /$)
   grep -Fq libreadline.so.6 "${files[@]}" <&- 2>/dev/null && echo $pkg
done < <(pacman -Qmq)

That's what I was looking for.

Cheers