[arch-general] ISO broken? Unable to boot from ISO burned to DVD.

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Nov 13 18:30:58 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've freshly downloaded the ISO from the Arch Linux homepage and burned
with:

# cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom -dao PATH_TO_ISO

Booting from this hangs with waiting for some /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH...
device. After waiting for this I get to some kind of "recovery console"
missing most tools.

/dev/disk/by-label doesn't exist at all in this minimalistic shell.

Is it possible that booting from a device "by-label" just doesn't work
for a DVD drive at all?

Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Manuel