[arch-general] espeak ng and keeping packages in the aur up to date.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Nov 16 16:30:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 18:12:40 +0200, Alex Theotokatos via arch-general
wrote:
>On 11/16/2016 02:32 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Are you serious?
>>    yaourt -Ss espeak
>>
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=espeak
>
>espeak is on the official repositories, at community.
>So you can use pacman to install it.

How does this help the OP? espeak-ng is provided by AUR, 4 votes,
popularity 0.88. There is no espeak-ng available by official
repositories. I gave an answer to the questions the OP was asking.

[root at moonstudio archlinux]# systemd-nspawn -q yaourt -Ss espeak | head -12
Failed to create directory /mnt/archlinux/sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system
Failed to create directory /mnt/archlinux/sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system
community/espeak 1.48.04-2 [installed]
    Text to Speech engine for English, with support for other languages
community/espeakup 0.80-1 [installed]
    Allows the Speakup screen review system to use the ESpeak synthesizer.
community/gespeaker 0.8.6-1
    A GTK+ frontend for espeak and mbrola to speech the read text.
community/stardict-lite 3.0.6-2
    International dictionary software - lite version without gnome and espeak support
aur/asterisk-espeak 2.2-1 (0) (0.00)
    Asterisk module that provides the "eSpeak" dialplan application. It allows you to use the eSpeak text to speech synthesizer.
aur/espeak-ng-git 0.0-1 (4) (0.88)
    Next generation open source speech synthesizer based on Espeak (git version)

Regards,
Ralf