[arch-general] espeak ng and keeping packages in the aur up todate.

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Nov 17 00:24:58 UTC 2016

Did you ever download a package from aur before?  If not you can get and
set up yaourt on archlinux but some edits have to be done to
/etc/pacman.conf and then you need to run two pacman commands to first
update your repositories and then install yaourt.  I do it like this:

edit /etc/pacman.conf as root and add these lines:
[archlinuxfr]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/$arch

Save the file and exit.
Next run:
pacman -Sy yaourt <cr>

You may install optional dependencies after that.
Then run:
yaourt -Syua <enter>
Finally run:
yaourt -Ss espeakup|less <enter>
and you shall hear.

To check this, run:
Yaourt -S espeak-ng <enter>
If you're told espeak and espeak-ng conflict you have espeak on your
machine and will be offered the opportunity to remove it if you like.

The arch-general list most certainly is not the blinux-list.  Hope this
helps.
That -syua command updates everything on the aur repository in addition
to all other repositories you have installed.