[arch-general] espeak ng and keeping packages in the aur uptodate.

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:53:56 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 10:18 AM, Matthew dyer via arch-general wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran the talking arch script which Kial has been working and when
> doing so, I got the aur helper running.  The simple thing is this.  I
> want to switch to espeak NG and yes I am aware of espeakup git.  I
> know that I can install this.  I am going to assoom then that if
> espeak NG ias in the aur, I could just install it and all should be
> well.  I asked aabout keeping aur packages updated as it did not
> mention in the wiki how to do this with the asseption of any git
> packages which are cloned.  Hope this makes sence,.
>
> Matthew

Please don't top-post, as per the preference of the Arch mailing lists. :)
Also your email software is having problems with line-wrapping, it seems
to send plaintext with really long lines. I rewrapped the quoted part
above, BTW.

As for your question, search the yaourt manpage for the `--devel`
switch... most other AUR helpers should have something similar.

Really, that manpage could answer so many questions... just read it already.

--
Eli Schwartz