[arch-general] Does LTS package really not fit to Rolling Release model and Arch Philosophy?

Ken OKABE kenokabe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:27:43 UTC 2016

>What's completely missing by the kernel related explanation is, that
upstrem provides, IOW maintains longterm linux,
https://www.kernel.org/ . Does KDE upstream maintain KDE Plasma LTS?

Ralf, exactly, and that is to what I'm attracted.
https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
According to the planned release schedule for Plasma 5,  the 5.9.0,
that is non-LTS will be released on 2017-01-31, but I simply want to
stick to 5.8-LTS until the next Plasma-LTS release for the most
concerned GUI stability of the system. In my experience, linux GUI
environment(DE) tends to be easily broken with frequent upgrades, and
I'm very happy to hear KDE project releases their first
Long-Term-Support edition for Plasma.

Regards,
Ken