[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Moving arduino into [community] important notes

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:49:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Antonio Rojas <arojas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I thought AUR packages were unsupported. Sure, it is nice to give them a
> higher version number when they are moved to the official repos to allow
> for a smooth upgrade, but that shouldn't be an enforced rule IMO. And
> removing epoch is a reasonable enough reason not to do it.

There's a difference between unsupported and (un?)intentionally
leaving all users' packages frozen at an old (eventually broken)
version because epoch was removed, for some indeterminate period of
time.

Of course, the question about whether epoch should have been used in
the AUR is a separate one (I think it's done mainly to help AUR
helpers work). But once that's been done I don't see any good reason
to remove it.