[arch-general] GRUB doesn't boot Windows behind Secure Boot

David Phillips david at sighup.nz
Tue Nov 29 09:49:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 01:13:10PM +0100, Giovanni Santini via arch-general wrote:
> Good afternoon,

Good evening,

> /ACPI(yadda)/PCI(yadda)/Sata(0,0,0)/HD(yaddayadda)/File(\EFI\Microsoft\Boot)/File(bootmgfw.efi)/EndEntire
> error: cannot load image.
>
> The strange thing is that disabling Secure Boot make it works.

Not strange at all.

> Not really sure what I'm missing here.

I'm not familiar with GRUB anymore, but it sounds like perhaps the file
bootmgfw.efi has not been signed with a key that is trusted by your board's
SecureBoot feature. Hence, booting with SB enabled causes a load failure
while booting without SB fixes the problem.

Like I said, not familiar with GRUB, so not sure if that file is grub's
problem or not. Just a pointer to something for you to investigate.

Thanks,
David