[arch-general] GRUB doesn't boot Windows behind Secure Boot

Giovanni Santini itachi.sama.amaterasu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:00:14 UTC 2016

Il 29/11/2016 10:49, David Phillips ha scritto:

> I'm not familiar with GRUB anymore, but it sounds like perhaps the file
> bootmgfw.efi has not been signed with a key that is trusted by your board's
> SecureBoot feature. Hence, booting with SB enabled causes a load failure
> while booting without SB fixes the problem.
>
> Like I said, not familiar with GRUB, so not sure if that file is grub's
> problem or not. Just a pointer to something for you to investigate.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Thank you for your reply David.
This is strange, as Secure Boot works flawlessly booting directly
Windows Boot Manager (that is also the file mentioned above!).
So maybe GRUB doesn't like it anyways... I will think about it in next
days, as I also broke up Windows Boot Manager (resizing EFI partition is
a nope for BCD settings, seems).
Will ping here after some progress.

--
Giovanni Santini