[arch-general] Supermicro cd/dvd inst error: ARCH_201603 device did not show up after 30 seconds

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:30:06 UTC 2016

On 09/21/2016 05:43 AM, Mauro Santos via arch-general wrote:
> Have you tried with the latest install ISO?

Yes, that was my first attempt.

> You also seem to have physical access to the hardware, any special
> reason why you have to use optical media instead of a usb flash drive?

  No, no reason other than convenience. This particular box is an older
SuperMicro H8DME-2 board with a pair of quad-core Opterons. I'll make another
run at it today and tomorrow.

  I'll first attempt a PXE boot from an existing Arch server attempting to serve
the install .iso mounted loop via tftpd. My only quandary there is whether to
symlink the lpxelinux.0 contained in the install to /srv/tftp/pxelinux.0, or
whether the use the example style /srv/tftp/arch.menu discussed at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PXE#Existing_PXE_Server (my PXE setup is
only for the install.iso, so I was intending to link
/archiso/arch/boot/syslinux/lpxelinux.0 /srv/tftp/pxelinux.0, but am unsure if
that will serve the install iso as intended)

  We'll see how that goes. Failing that, I'll write the iso to USB and try that
way and report back. Thanks Mauro.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.