[arch-general] Supermicro cd/dvd inst error: ARCH_201603 device did not show up after 30 seconds

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 10 20:26:17 UTC 2016

On 10-10-16 20:30, David C. Rankin wrote:

> This particular box is an older
> SuperMicro H8DME-2 board with a pair of quad-core Opterons.

I just realised I have a similar motherboard (Supermicro H8DAE-2 ) with
the same chipset and also a pair of quadcore opterons on it.

Check these 2 options in the AMI Bios :

Advanced Chipset Control > Northbridge
Set IOMMU MODE to 1 GB
(unless you have an agp videocard in this system, then it should be set
to "AGP present" )

Processor & Clock Options
Set   Secure Virtual Machine Mode to Enabled

Without those settings in my experience linux 64-bit kernel is  very
unreliable on this system.
With those settings it's been running rock steady for 7 years now.
(it's my main workstation pc ).

LW