[arch-general] Supermicro cd/dvd inst error: ARCH_201603 device did not show up after 30 seconds

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:49:47 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 03:26 PM, LoneVVolf wrote:
> Check these 2 options in the AMI Bios :
>
> Advanced Chipset Control > Northbridge
> Set IOMMU MODE to 1 GB
> (unless you have an agp videocard in this system, then it should be set to "AGP
> present" )
>

> Processor & Clock Options
> Set   Secure Virtual Machine Mode to Enabled
>

> Without those settings in my experience linux 64-bit kernel is  very unreliable
> on this system.
> With those settings it's been running rock steady for 7 years now.
> (it's my main workstation pc ).
>
> LW

Got both set, thanks!  I think there is something funny with the arch install
iso. For some reason, I'm getting a failure waiting on the install to be mounted
at /run/archiso/bootmnt

The strange things is it says:

Waiting 30 seconds....
Error: '/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201603' device did not show up after 30 seconds.

WTF?? 201603, this is the 201610 install medial

Sure enough

# ls -al /dev/disk/by-label

ARCHISO_EFI -> ../../sdb2
ARCH_201610 -> ../../sdb1

Why the hell is it trying to mount 'ARCH_201603' when 'ARCH_201610' is the
actual label? I can manually mount /dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201610 to
/run/archiso/bootmnt but I don't know how to make the install continue from that
point??

This was with the USB installer. Funny, the arch iso from both 20160903 and
20161001 both fail looking for the 'ARCH_201603' (this was a fresh USB drive
too, no prior iso on it)

"get a rope... somebody done screwed something up..."

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.