[arch-general] Implement sql/sqlite database for pacman local database

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:57:23 UTC 2016

On 10/23/2016 01:41 AM, Alive 4ever wrote:
>> Also consider the fact that your pacman database is one of the least
>> likely pieces of data to target for the sake of noticeably improving
>> your computer's overall performance.
>>

> Yeah, I am aware of it. Hardware components tend to degrade over time,
> especially mechanical hard drive.

What part of "least likely pieces of *data*" was not obvious enough in
its reference to *data*, such that you felt the need to conflate data
with hardware?

If you are agreeing with me ("Yeah, I am aware of it") then stop
mentioning hardware.
If you are arguing with me, then please explain what you actually meant
to say and what it has to do with hardware.

I am still pretty sure that whatever problem you may have, it is not
pacman-specific and it doesn't require a pacman-specific tool.

So while you might disagree with the political commentary invoked in
that commit message, the general idea that the script is a waste of
space is something I can get behind!

--
Eli Schwartz