[arch-general] Browsers crashing

Zorro hz0885 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 12:59:33 UTC 2016

Op 28-10-2016 om 14:49 schreef Ralf Mardorf:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:15:44 +0200, Zorro via arch-general wrote:
>> Do others experience this too?
> Yesno, on LAU [1] somebody posted a link and when opening it with
> Firefox, I need to use the reset button of my PC, since it leads to a
> black screen and an unresponsive computer. I tried it two times.
> Apart from this, I seldom visit obscure websites, so no, usually my
> browsers run absolutely stable. Sure, some websites visited with
> Firefox, IceCat and other Mozillaoids slow down and even could slow down
> the complete graphical user session. This doesn't happen when using
> webkit based browsers, e.g. QupZilla.
>
> IOW it might be related to the websites you're visiting, consider to
> post a few links.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1] Link to the link:
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2016-October/106301.html

With Midori visiting for instance www.cnn.com shows that behaviour quite
soon.

After accepting the cookie message I start to scroll down with my mouse
wheel.

Midori is still in the proces of loading the complete site but displays
already the top part of the page.

Scrolling down and then the browser crashes.

Regards,
Harm-Jan