[arch-general] Fwd: [arch-dev-public] i686 and SSE2

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Sep 24 20:24:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:03:52 +0200, Sebastiaan Lokhorst wrote:
>You cannot seriously say "optimised for modern processors" and "i686"
>in the same sentence.

FWIW

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2016-September/273691.html

;)

I'm a x86_64 user, so I don't care about it regarding my needs. However,
Arch users who don't need new machines for their needs, easily could run
into the same issue, as this FreeBSD user. The whole FreeBSD list
missed the forest for the trees. I only noticed it, because I'm
subscribed to another FreeBSD list, too. IMO we could assume that
FreeBSD users are a similar target group as Arch users. If so, then it
could cause a lot of pain for Arch users and maintainers, too.

Regards,
Ralf