[arch-general] Removing gitolite package doesn't remove gitolite user

Ricardo Band email at ricardo.band
Sat Apr 1 02:12:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-03-31 at 20:37 -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:

> Short version here, you deleted the user's home dir manually and left
> the user.
> That's not a packaging problem.

Yep. But shouldn't the home dir be recreated when I reinstall the
package?
It seems that the package only executes a useradd command that creates
the user home. If the user already exists that command seems to return
true without recreating the home.

The package could check for the dir after that and if it's not there
create it. The package method in the PKGBUILD already includes the
creation of the directory but it doesn't seem to fire if the user is
already there. Which is a bit weird because I don't see any check for
the user in there [1].

[1]: https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUI
LD?h=packages/gitolite

--