[arch-general] problems on installing grub on a new system

Steve Downes steve at kingswayelec.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 19:26:10 UTC 2017

I don't know what happened to my previous reply, I never got a copy
(It was witten on my tablet because I was working in the house). Here
is an approx copy.

I send separately to you a photo of the output of ls -lah
/dev/disk/by-id` My apologies to you & the list but I could think of
no other way. I can find no reason to believe I was writing to the usb
& I was aware of the risk of doing that when I tried to write grub to
sda1

Mant thanks for your help.

Steve