[arch-general] Suppressing specific pacman warnings

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Wed Apr 5 10:08:27 UTC 2017

A 2017-04-05T10:44:05 +0200, SanskritFritz escreveu:
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM, João Miguel via arch-general <
> arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > A 2017-04-04T10:08:42 +0200, Guus Snijders via arch-general escreveu:
> > > (...)
> > >
> > > I think Ely Swartz gave the best option;
> > > Use a custom repo for the non-standard pkg's and give it priority.
> > >
> > > Mvg, Guus Snijders
> > I agree, and the best part is that one can make it public so that the
> > everyone else can enjoy the pre-compiled packages (because this isn't
> > Gentoo). I'll add mine to the unofficial repos soon.
> >

> I would like to maintain a custom repo too. However I don't have a public
> server (...)
Since you probably won't get much traffic and most ISPs have high limits
for bandwidth anyway, you can do port forwarding on you router to an old
PC or low-powered computer to work as a server and use something like
https://freedns.afraid.org/ to create a DNS A record to your IP. Total
cost if you already have an old computer: 0. And you get to learn how to
set up server-y things!

Hope this helps,
João Miguel