[arch-general] Tobias Powalowski and his nonsensical maintenance decisions

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Apr 28 13:21:32 UTC 2017

On 28.04.2017 14:40, fnodeuser wrote:
> you continue to place pkgs in the testing repo that do not require any further testing.

Thank you for showing that you do not understand our repository policy.

All [core] packages go to [testing] first to ensure that we do not
completely break anyone's system. This has happened before and funnily
enough it happened with a kernel that did not boot for anyone. Because
of this [testing] has been created. You really managed to come up with
the best example here.

> for what reasons, exactly, do the linux 4.10.13 and hwids 20170328 pkgs need to be in
> testing for 4+ days?

I am not sure on which planet you live and how many hours a day has for
you, but on Earth those packages have been in testing for roughly 7
hours (2017-04-28 07:57 UTC and 2017-04-28 08:17 UTC).

As for the reasoning, see above.

> also, you did not replace git:// with git+https:// in the hwids PKGBUILD file. github
> has HTTPS enabled for everything.

While this specific suggestion is correct, the way it has been presented
here and in the past is not. Context matters, and if you annoy people
they will stop listening to you.

I have put you on moderation. If you continue annoying us like this
there will be further consequences. Consider this your final warning.
There will not be another.

Florian