[arch-general] Contributions to the wiki - Are user contributions a thing of the past?

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Thu Aug 24 02:14:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:54:35 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

>   The latest being a small addition to the multilib page to make clear that
> following repo addition and update you need to explicitly install the wanted
> multilib packages. Following the directions on the page as it exists gets you
> nowhere, but implies that it is all that needs to be done.

First, if you enable the multilib repo because you need something and don't
know that you would have to install that something, I would say you're on the
wrong distro. This is common sense at in it's most basic.

Second, the only thing that was removed was the useless examples, not the
statement that you need to install something.