[arch-general] Contributions to the wiki - Are user contributions a thing of the past?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 24 02:51:05 UTC 2017

On 08/23/2017 09:54 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   Does Arch still want user contribution to the wiki? If so, systematically
> deleting the contributions that users take the time to make, isn't going to
> promote further contribution. Why bother, more than likely it will just be
> erased....

Your contribution was not deleted, it was modified and built upon, in
order to still say what you added but in fewer words.

As jasonwryan said. I am startled that you would contribute to a Wiki
and then when someone *rewords* your contribution you react by claiming
that their right to contribute to the wiki is erasing your right to
contribute to the Wiki.

Lahwaacz did much the same with my recent contribution to the Official
repositories page... but I acknowledge that he was right in doing so,
and the part of my edits that was useful rather than frustrated ranting
is still there. Likewise, the part of your contributions that is useful
rather than redundant is still there, if less wordy.

tl;dr Hey, a collaborative Wiki!!!

--
Eli Schwartz