[arch-general] Cinnamon desktop and keybindings

beest gnubeest at zoho.com
Wed Aug 30 02:27:08 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 02:24:59AM +0200, Jeanette C. via arch-general wrote:
> Hi Joao,
> thanks for that. That sounds like practical and sound advise. I'll give
> those a go for a start. Presently, I'm back with MATE, which works OK,
> but something light, fast and robust would be great. :)

I do wonder if a tiling window manager would be ideal under these
circumstances, given that most are broadly configurable and designed
around keyboard navigation. What I can't attest to is how well they
cooperate with assistive technologies, and my knowledge on the subject
is about 25 years out of date.

However, at the end of the day there's always GNOME, which seems to have
more resources than anyone with regards to accessibility and is actively
tested with screen readers and Braille displays. Of course it also isn't
exactly known for being "light", but there it is.