[arch-general] Proposal: add "--disable-modern-top" to procps-ng configure flags

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Dec 9 17:47:19 UTC 2017

On 09/12/17 17:31, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 17:19:22 +0000, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
>> Just because something was "done" two years ago doesn't mean there's
>> not a better way of doing it.
>
> I guess you read [1] and [2].

Yes.

Two people reply to the list who use or package their own alternative
version because of the aggro of suggesting changes to packages when,
e.g., upstream might not care or upstream's decisions might not be a
one-size-fits-all.

While this is devolving into
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Code_of_conduct#Ineffective_discussion_.28.22bikeshed.22.29,
if people are actually afraid to post I'd suggest that might be
something to look at.

(Yes, I'm done now ;)