[arch-general] Proposal: add "--disable-modern-top" to procps-ng configure flags

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Dec 9 17:31:12 UTC 2017

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 17:19:22 +0000, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
>Just because something was "done" two years ago doesn't mean there's
>not a better way of doing it.

I guess you read [1] and [2]. As a side note, don't worry about the
out-of-date flag from yesterday. IIRC procps-ng-classic from AUR never
caused an issue, at least I can't comment the 3 comments at
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/procps-ng-classic/ .

[1]
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2017-December/044497.html
On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:05:14 +0100, Tinu Weber wrote:
>In this particular case, ask upstream (as also pointed out on the bug
>tracker). Arch Linux does not patch software or deviate from its
>default behaviour unless absolutely necessary (usually in case of bugs
>that make an application unusable).
>
>[snip]
>
>An personal advice from my side, as I have also been burnt by that:
>Don't try to discuss Arch Linux packaging decisions. There is nothing
>you can really do. The least frustrating approach is to simply package
>stuff your own and fix the things that annoy you (and from what I see,
>you're already doing that).

[2]
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2017-December/044496.html