[arch-general] snapd - orphaned, outdated, how to help

Maciek Borzecki maciek.borzecki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:20:18 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have noticed that the snapd package is currently orphaned. It is also
quite outdated, currently stuck at 2.26.1 while upstream is nearing 2.30
release. What can be done to update the package?

As it happens, I am currently maintaining snapd-git package in AUR [1].
On top of that I'm also working with the upstream on the development of
snapd. Since I am an Arch user, a couple of problems that were related
to Arch support have been resolved. I'm also slowly working on getting
Arch integrated into the CI pipeline [2] in hope of being able to run
most of the test cases natively.

Unfortunately I am not a TU, but I am willing to offer any help needed
to get the package updated.

[1]. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/snapd-git
[2]. https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/4285

Cheers,