[arch-general] Leftover kde4 stuff

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:56:04 UTC 2017

I just hit a bug with okular (rarely used it and just got surprised by this)

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/53003

After more investigation I realized the kactivites was being provided by
kactivities4 (which no longer exists). Further investigation showed that I
had a bunch of old kde4 packages (some still in repos, some not) installed.
I think this is the list:-

kdebase-runtime (16.12.2-1)
libkscreen4 (1.0.5-2)
qjson (0.9.0-1)
libkexiv2_4 (15.08.3-2)
kdelibs (4.14.29-1)
qca-qt4 (2.1.3-1)
polkit-qt4 (0.112.0+git20160226-1)
phonon-qt4 (4.9.1-1)
phonon-qt4-vlc (0.9.0-1)
libqzeitgeist (0.8.0-6)
libdbusmenu-qt4 (0.9.3+16.04.20160218-1)
attica-qt4 (0.4.2-3)

Only libkscreen4 and libkexiv2_4 were no longer in repos, and uninstalling
both removed the rest.

Did I miss an announcement or anything where I'd have noted these packages
disappearance and uninstalled them? Or should I be keeping an eye on pacman
-Qm (I have 137 packages there at this point)?