[arch-general] Leftover kde4 stuff

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sat Feb 18 09:03:12 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-18 02:56, Oon-Ee Ng via arch-general wrote:
> I just hit a bug with okular (rarely used it and just got surprised by this)
[--snip--]

> Did I miss an announcement or anything where I'd have noted these packages
> disappearance and uninstalled them?

Nah, I don't think so unless there's something special about these
packages in particular, this is just the way pacman works AFAIUI.... but
now that you mention it, it might a good idea to have pacman mention
orphaned packages like e.g. 'apt' does. (OTOH, maybe it would be too
costly to do so every time it's run. Of course one could always set up a
monthly cron job to remind about packages that are orphaned.)

Regards,