[arch-general] Changing compilation flags

Jordan Glover Golden_Miller83 at protonmail.ch
Mon Jul 10 20:45:18 UTC 2017

I see [1] -fstack-check is dropped and -fstack-protector-strong kept while being redundant. Anyone know what happened?
[1] https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/pacman&id=0cd22d4454e0e1b3ae589b95274f808001465c15

On 2017-06-30 23:44, Allan McRae wrote:

On 2016-10-24 05:56, Allan McRae wrote:

1) building gcc to enable PIE by default

I am in the middle of rebuilding gcc with --enable-default-pie. When it

finishes, I will start a todo for rebuilding packages with static libraries.

I also enabled --enable-default-ssp, which means that

-fstack-protector-strong will be dropped from our CFLAGS (as it will be

enforced by gcc) on the next opportunity.

Are you adding full RELRO + no-plt at the same time?

Yes, and -fstack-check=specific too, although I might drop no-plt if it
will cause too many builders.

Bartłomiej