[arch-general] manually configure network

Mrrob rob at mrrob.info
Thu Jul 13 01:17:56 UTC 2017

On 13/07/17 07:09, mick howe via arch-general wrote:
> I've just changed ISP and I can't get the changed configuration to stick.
>
> I'm using 'static IP address - manual assignment' from Network
> configuration wiki page.
>
> I need to change my address from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.20.1/24.
>
> using iproute2 tools as per wiki I can get everything working UNTIL I
> reboot, at which time some of the settings show the old values and others
> the new.
>
> I've been manually configuring these settings without problems since I
> started using linux in 1994.

I assume that (as well as changing ISPs) you have changed your router and it has a different internal range to the old one.

If you have an IP address automatically after booting then something is bringing up the network automatically. Assuming
your Arch install is newer than 2013 then I would expect you've configured netctl to manage the interface.

Look in /etc/netctl

and

$ systemctl list-unit-files --state=enabled

---
mrrob
---